Labels

Tuesday, October 1

Movie Review of The Hamiltons (2006)

We are back on track. We had some technical issues but that's behind us now.
And its October! My favorite month, so I will be bringing you more movie reviews. Just in case you don't know about who we are, here is our Youtube page. And how did you find us? let us know in the comments section, or somewhere.

Now to the review. I watched The Hamiltons, a horror film about a normal family that has a dark secret. Yes, you guessed it, they kill people. It's a horror film, what you expect? The Hamiltons recently lost their parents and now they have to look out for themselves. The protagonist is Francis, the youngest of 4, who doesn't seem to be like the rest of his siblings. The movie's main plot is about Francis and how he interacts with his family, and how he views what they do. Good movie, had a little bit of everything you would want in a horror film, maybe not a lot of suspense, but in a movie like this you don't need it much.
As I was watching it kept reminding me of another movie, and I couldn't think of what it was, until about halfway through I remembered: I had already seen this! I just forgot. What this means is that this movie is good, but forgettable. There is nothing that will make you remember this movie after about a month, theres no unexpected plot twists, or really innovating shots or anything really. The movie is very safe, they didn't want to go for anything crazy.

Final words, good watch, fun movie if you like horror, just don't expect anything new from it. It is rated R, although I felt it could had easily been PG-13. Back when Blockbuster was a thing, this is the movie you pick up when you have no idea what you want to watch, you just know you want to watch a horror film, its that kind of movie.

Movie Score:

  • 6/10
  • A (O.W.L.)

No comments:

Post a Comment