Labels

Sunday, June 23

A B-Movie Review of Triassic Attack (2010)

This weekend I was out of the country, and Netflix does not have a b-horror section in Mexico. So what I did was to simply go to horror and chose a movie that looked interesting based on the name and poster, Triassic Attack was the winner.


Lets start off by saying that this movie is a SyFy Original. You know what you are getting into with those movies. I could not have been more excited when I saw the SyFy logo come up. But in the way B-Movies often work, my excitement quickly turned into frustration as I had to watch the first act of the movie. The acting in this movie is not bad, but it isn't great either. And I'm supposed to believe this guy is part Native American? I am also positive they have a British actor just for the accent. But lets forget about the casting decisions and talk about the plot. 

A small town university is trying to expand their campus by building new facilities. The problem is that the want to build on Native American sacred land. The owner of the Native American museum sets it on himself to save his heritage, so he calls on the ancient spirits for help. And help does arrive, in the form of...you guessed it: Dinosaur Fossils! The Dino-fossils wreck havoc around town, and must be stopped. If that is not enough to make you watch this movie, then I don't know what will.

In regards to the animations, the Dino-fossils are pretty bad. Sometimes you can see the outline were they put them in; other times, like when the Dino-fossil grabs a person (and one time a cow), you can clearly tell it was done without much care. I'm serious! Triassic Attack has some of the worst CGI I've seen. On the flip side the T-Rex (of course there is a T-Rex!) looks solid and is easily the most polished Dino-fossil in the entire movie. The Dinosaurs are also really bad ass. I wont spoil much, but there's a scene  where I was really shocked and at the same time made the T-Rex eleven times more awesome.

At the end of it all, Triassic Attack delivers in all the right spots, combining dinosaurs with the undead and the Native American curse to create some of the best B-Movie monster flicks. The characters where the weakest part of the movie, and some of the "comedy" is cringe worthy, but you can get over that and enjoy a good old-fashioned Dino-fossil rampage. 

Movie Score:
  • 7/10
  • A (O.W.L.)

1 comment:

  1. You had me at "Native American sacred land." That equals instant classic

    ReplyDelete